Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Stubborn

Occasionally, we bump up against one of our own, lesser known, personality traits in an unflattering manner. For instance, it was not until I examined the already stuffed food processor bowl--brimming with butter and sugar and almonds too--, knew that it had entirely reached capacity, and cracked in the second egg anyway, that I understood that, perhaps, I'm more stubborn than I think.

I'm going to declare this a good sort of stubbornness, the kind that lets you stick to your conviction and get stuff done. But, then again, it is also the kind that spews frangipane tart filling all over your counter because you're rounding the corner on the final hour for final project recipe testing and you'll be damned if you're going to dirty another mixing bowl.

Let's declare this sort of stubbornness, then, as the sort that affords you the ability to assess both the situation at hand, and the aftermath, and the gumption to proceed anyway, even against better odds. Some mistakes, I guess, just have to be made. 

No comments:

Post a Comment